Thursday 30 August 2012

Ciao Bergamo!


View from the Castle

Hey guys! I'm just off for a run up to the castle! Some hearty uphill.. when I was walking up yesterday, I was sure I had found Italy's equivalent to the Grouse Grind, minus the stairs and plus some cobblestones! I check out of my hotel in Bergamo today and will be meeting up with my team in Ponte di Legno! I can't wait to get to know my team members more plus meet all the other international teams as we will all be staying in the same hotel! Yay! I don't know if there will be wifi there or not, so if I don't write for a couple of days, I'm still alive! Just out of the internet world! I visited the Old Town of Bergamo yesterday, boy is it ever beautiful! Cobble stones everywhere, amazing architecture and stunning views! This was sure a real treat!! I went into the most stereotypical tourist shop and kids toy store in attempt to find a hard ball.. but couldn't find one for the life of me! However, not to be stumped by this, I have purchased a 3 pack of tennis balls and am rolling like a mad woman! I also practiced my handstands in the barren fitness centre last night.. When in Italy? Lol. Anyhoo, I must pack up my massive bag and hit the cobblestones! Hope you are all doing well! 

Ti amo!

Shanny

Ps. I just looked at this picture up close and noticed the writing on the railing.. Wow! :)

1 comment:

  1. Shannon, your trip sounds absolutely wonderful. I love the picture, it looks like a very beautiful area. Can't wait to read more while you are in Ponte di Legno. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete