Hey all you athletes!
Do you feel tired after running?
Feel like you are trapped in a cage of the same old post workout meals?
Want a reward for running far?
Want something decedent, but somehow has no refined sugar or grains? (and can be vegan?!)
Well I've got just the thing for you! Break free of your protein shake cage and try baking...
Runner Recovery Bites
(yes they are paleo and vegan!)
- 1 extra large can chickpeas (drained)
- 1/3 cup real maple syrup
- 1/2 cup nut butter of your choice (peanut or almond are highly recommended)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ginger (optional)
- Pinch of nutmeg (optional)
- Mix ins of your choice: cocoa nibs, chocolate chips, nuts, dried fruit, coconut, seeds, etc.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Lightly grease muffin tin
- Add chickpeas, maple syrup, nut butter, cinnamon, ginger nutmeg and salt into food processor. Puree until smooth
- Scrape into bowl and mix in your additions.
- Scoop into muffin tins and bake for about 20mins until toothpick comes out clean.
Now the best part about this recipe is that you don't actually have to bake them if you don't want to.. yes that's right! You can eat the dough raw without any fear of salmonella. (therefore about half the recipe makes it into the oven while the other half ends up on my finger and then in my tummy.!)
Enjoy and let me know if you find any unreal flavour combinations!
So far I've been loving the chocolate chip nut combo!
Eat happy, Run Happy,