Friday, 28 March 2014

42km for vulnerable children.. let's do it May 4th at the BMO Vancouver Marathon

Good morning friends, family, runners, supporters, annnnnd anyone else who is reading! ;)

 I have exciting news! Joel and I have decided to run our first road marathon, the BMO Vancouver Marathon on May 4th, 2014. 42km on pavement.. that's gotta hurt! But we are excited!

We will be supporting KidSafe, a project that is aimed towards helping vulnerable children in East Vancouver. This is very close to us as I am now an East Van resident and you might know that I like recreation- doing all my running myself and being a Recreation Programmer as a career. KidSafe aims to provide healthy meals and snacks, safe transportation through walking school buses and vans and fun, supportive, safe recreational programming for East Vancouver's vulnerable kids! Please support this great society and help our friend Julianna as she continues to exceed her fundraising goals! Follow the link to make a donation and learn more! Julianna's page


Post by Shannon Penway.

Wish us luck and please feel free to support the cause and donate!


No comments:

Post a Comment